Here are 11 questions you should always ask in a job interview, if they weren’t already answered, to help you get a better sense of the role and the company, and to help you prepare for the next steps:
1. Who do you think would be the ideal candidate for this position, and how do I compare?
2. Who held this position previously? Why is he/she leaving the role?
3. What do you like most about working for this company?
4. Can you walk me through the typical day of someone in this role?
5. How do you evaluate success here?
6. How would you describe the company’s culture?
7. Will I have an opportunity to meet those who would be part of my staff/my manager during the interview process?
8. Can you tell me what steps need to be completed before your company can generate an offer?
9. What distinguishes this company from its competitors?
10. Is there anyone else I need to meet with?/Is there anyone else you would like me to meet with?
11. What’s your timeline for making a decision, and when can I expect to hear back from you?